Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Plaintiff filed a case disputing oral agreement with family

Customer Question

Plaintiff filed a case disputing oral agreement with family member. Plaintiff sought to have daughter take care of her for the rest of her life. Plaintiff paid off daughter's house in exchange for this agreement. Plaintiff changed her mind 8 months later. Sued daughter for return of monies. Plaintiff died before her testimony was preserved for trial. Can case proceed?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your involvement in this case?

Did plaintiff leave a Will and was an estate established in local probate court?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is a will. My question is: Plaintiff filed suit making allegations that cannot be proved up or disproved without her testimony. The case hinges upon her testimony. Her deposition was never taken. Can the case proceed without her?

Thank you for your follow up.

What is your involvement in this case?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am defense counsel. I cannot find anything directly on point. All cases involve personal injury causing death or estate disputes.

Thank you for your follow up.

It is important that I inform you that I cannot provide you with any type of legal advice or legal service or tell you what to do or not to do in your specific case, as such legal advice / legal service can only be provided by your local attorney, upon a full review of your entire situation. This service is limited to legal professionals, such as myself, providing JustAnswer.com customers with general answers to customer's legal question. Do you understand above terms, agree with the above terms and would like me to proceed with my general answer ? (please only answer "Yes" or "No").