CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I had just finish using a Char-broil LLC Low's Grill when

Customer Question

I had just finish using a Char-broil LLC Low's Grill when turned it off a fire started. I received 2nd degree burns on my face, hair, hands and arm were burn . My Daugther talked to Low's store person and another representative . Say it looked and sounded like a leak. And another person would call. In the mean time we look up the Serial #G466011504011224. To found if anyone else had, had a problem this this grill. Computer could not found a grill with this serial #. So my ? Is should I get a lawyer before I talk to the person who has been calling my Daugther?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

If you want to pursue a civil claim (or attempt a civil settlement) against the manufacturer of the grill, retaining an attorney is usually a reasonable and prudent step.

Personal injury claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert to testify as to the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care.

Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Very helpful... Will use again

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service (the series of 5 stars next to the chat window) so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "ForCustomerquot; and a moderator will notify me.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.