Good afternoon Brigitte,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I handle HIPAA issues.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.
Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.
Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Did your husband seek any medical care for his depression?
2. Who did the nurse give out information to? Family, friend or compete stranger?
3. What was the nature of the information given out?
4. Who posted all this information on Facebook?
5. What was your husband in the hospital for?
Thanks in advance,