CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I need to know how to get the money ive spent back from the

Customer Question

i need to know how to get the money ive spent back from the resturants insurance company.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Can you please give me a little more information about your situation (why you are entitled to reimbursement from the restaurant - were you injured by the restaurant, were you an employee, are you a contractor for the restaurant)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My wife fell walking into the restaurant. It had snowed that day. After walking off the carpet runner onto a tile floor she slipped. She tore her acl and needed surgery to fix. I was hoping I could get reimbursed because she fell in the restaurant. The two lawyers I've already talked to told me we don't have a very good case so we aren't going to sue, but I've spent thousands on the ambulance,hospital and doctors and would like to get that back if possible. That's why I'm asking you what my best course of action is. Thank you.

Dear Customer,

You can try suing the facility for premises liability, but if you have already talked to two attorneys who have evaluated your case and turned it down, expect to have to do this on your own.

Your wife can file a claim "pro per" (without an attorney) in civil court for personal injuries, she can try to recover the damages she incurred (hospital bills, etc.) for the injury.

Here is a very helpful guide to civil litigation published by an Illinois Law Firm that can help you and your wife in filing her suit should you choose to pursue this:

If you want to sue for $10,000.00 or less, your wife can file a small claims case (see:

The restaurant will still have all of the defenses and claims available to it in the small claims matter that it would in a general civil suit - so take into consideration all of the information that the two law firms provided to you (this is valuable information and should be considered when filing suit as you will want to address it and be prepared to deal with it in your wife's suit).