Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My dad this year and my step mom of 2 years has taken

Customer Question

my dad this year and my step mom of 2 years has taken everything. mostly cause her name is ***** ***** my dads layer says that not what my dad wanted, that he was making a new will but didnt get it signed. can i if i sue her get access to that new will, even though its not signed?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Just to be clear, there was a new will drafted but never signed? Is there an old will in place? Also, they have been married for 2 years, before his passing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there was a thing she tried to pass as a will. .but it didnt pass the state as a will.. i am clear he didnt do it anyways. so no there is no will but her name is ***** ***** houses so they didnt go to the estate

Thank you. You do have a legal right to go after and challenge/contest how the estate is being disposed of and her claim to the home, if it did not pass to his estate. Moreover, if you can show that she married him with the intent to trying go after his property and assets and there was fraud and she took advantage of him, it would make your case stronger. A will that is not properly executed, would not have any legal effect. However, the goal here is to show that she took advantage of him at his age, did not love him and her goal was to go after his money and she should not be entitled to the home or anything else.