Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Although I am not a licensed contractor, a homeowner

Customer Question

Although I am not a licensed contractor, a homeowner "solicited me" to paint the exterior of his house through our online neighborhood newsletter. It took over 6 months to complete. After painting the house I discovered why he did not have a professional paint it. The Paint on the house was a lead based paint which requires wearing ventilation mask. We were not informed of this and for over 6 months my helpers and myself were all exposed. We are concerned about health effects now and in the future. Do we have any legal rights?
Your answer is greatly appreciated.
Michael Paul ***@******.***
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Michael, good morning. How was this discovered after the fact and not know at the time? Also did you or your helpers suffer any injuries or damages as a result of this?