Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My male friend years old, a funeral director and grief

Customer Question

My male friend 69 years old, a funeral director and grief counselor is being stalked by an 81 year old woman he met in a professional capacity when her husband died three years ago. Her attentions to him have become steadily more aggressive and finally turned desperate last week when she visited his wife, introduced herslf as his lover and shared details of torrid affair she claimed had been gong on for 3 years. My friend has complained to me about her advances ever since he met her and I feel guilt for underestimating the threat she posed to his marriage, his employment and possible physical harm t o himself and his family. He managed to assuage his wife and convinced her to join him in a restraining order. Noww she has called work today and he got a memo that she wishes to meet with him and his supervisor Friday. Should he get a lawyer?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: South Carolina , Charleston
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He might have crossed a line inappropriately but not for long and a long time ago. I am confident that he was very upfront about his marriage.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.

Can you please explain what you mean by the following statement: He might have crossed a line inappropriately but not for long and a long time ago. I am confident that he was very upfront about his marriage.