Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I have an ex girlfriend who repeatedly post things on the

Customer Question

I have an ex girlfriend who repeatedly post things on the internet calling me crazy and goes out of her way to verbally assault me what can I do about this?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Where are this statements posted and can you describe the actual verbal assaults content?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have screenshots from social media posts and texts messages the abuse is things like her calling me worthless,pathetic,crazy,mentally unstable, and saying basically stating that my life doesn't matter

Thank you for your follow up.

Does these posts contain any physical harm or death threats?

Can you show actual financial damages that have resulted from the posts by your ex?

Are any of these statements by ex sent directly to you, or are they simply posted on the ex's social media pages?

Please clarify.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The text messages are directly to me and she has gone onto things I pay for changed the monthly fees to a higher price and changed the information in an attempt to keep me from changing them back to a manageable monthly payment for me I have emails from the company's stating that the account information was changed to be under her name but my credit card was still linked to it I have suffered a lot of emotion distress

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you ask this ex in writing to stop any and all communications with you and to stop the online harassment / defamation?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have asked her to stop but it continues its all social media based now but it still effects my mentality
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's become a problem when I ask for her to refrain from these action she just begins to lash out at me and returning to calling me crazy

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, the way to address similar issue would be to consult and retain an experienced local civil litigation attorney to draft and send a cease and desist notice to the person who is engaging in harassment and unwelcome communications and this local attorney can put the person on notice that if harassment and communications don't stop immediately after receipt of the cease and desist notice, that the attorney will take legal action and a police report would be filed along with a petition to obtain restraining order from the civil court.

If the person continues to engage in harassment and communications / contact, then this local attorney can help you pursue necessary legal action to stop this activity / obtain restraining order.

You can find an experienced and skilled local civil litigation law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to civil litigation law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!