Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Several years ago my bos asked if i would be interested in

Customer Question

several years ago my bos asked if i would be interested in driving a company van that i drove o work and personal business for 1500 i agreed i didnt have the money to purchase it so i gave $50 to hold it and agreed to make payments. the next day a different person drove the vehicle and got in an accident with another driver. my boss said they didnt have insurance at the time. she had me sign a bill of sal and i did so under pressure since it was my only source of income. i was eventually sued and judgement against me. ive been paying monthey for years now . i didnt think there was anything i could do. recently a lady at the dmv heard my story and asked if the vehicle was registered to me and i said no so i got the vehicle registration history and sent a copy to the attorneys office that sued me. they called and said there is a noterized bill of sale signed by me and theres nothing i can do about it, is this legal? is there a loop hole? ive been sued for a vehicle i put $50 towards and felt pressured by my boss to sign a bill of sale i was much younger. i live in florida i know all state laws are different
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How long ago was the lawsuit against you?

2. Were you offered the ability to drive thee van or to buy the van? You only mention driving, but I suspect you were to buy it. yes?

3. How did the boss force you to sign the bill of sale?

4. What kind of a loophole are you looking for? One that would eliminate the judgment?

5. How much do you still owe on the accident judgment?

Thanks in advance,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i was asked if i would like to purchase the vehicle. i was pressured because my boss was upset about the accident and said she wasnt going to deal with it since i agreed to purchase it. she had a bill of sale ready and said i need you to sign this and i felt pressured because she was my boss i was younger she was an authoritative figure and i didnt see any other choice. she even back dated the bill of sale and foolishly i signed it. there was no notary public present so she must have had it notarized later. the attorneys told me the notary was a guy named mark ( i dont remember his last name) but he was their accountant at the time and must have notarized it as a favor i didnt sign in front of anyone but my boss. the accident occurred in 2007 and judgement was ordered in 2009 so 7 years i've been paying monthly $50 . i want to know if in the state of florida a notarized bill of sale over rides the fact that the vehicle was never registered in my name.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Would you like me to call you for just $5 more? Given the complexity of the facts in your matter, I think that I can much better assist you by speaking with you on the phone.