Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I referred a close friend to my dentist office. She called

Customer Question

I referred a close friend to my dentist office. She called to tell me that when she was there the hygienist saw i had referred her and started telling her that when my son was there. Hes 23, he was asking for painkillers and they checked to see what other dentists hed been to and wemt on line to see what drugs he had got thru insurance. Shes tellin a patient this. Who was going to rent a home to my son but was asking me if he has a drig problem because of what this hygienist told her. This seems like a huge violation of provacy to me.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if your son can sue for the privacy violation?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have talked to a friend who is a hygenist. She said his rights were violated. And i could get the woman fired. Its a private practice and i love the dentist but now feel extremely upset and want to go in and say they owe me but realize this seems rather immature. Im not about getting people fired or losing their lic. To practice because of one big mouth. But i think they should be aware and I want free dental. ????? Silly right. If i can go in there and say i have a case i would have more leverage.

Thank you...but I am still not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a legal question regarding this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Forget it. Good day

Good day! :)