LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

How do I write a letter to Texas board nursing for a

Customer Question

How do I write a letter to Texas board nursing for a conviction of misdemeanor b theft.. shoplifting .I am a licensed vocational nurse and am fearful of loosing my license.i completed my probation and discovered I am not able to get it expunged
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Texas.i shoplifting at Walmart..the amount was 55$worth of merchandise.i pled guilty..did not have attorney to represent me.i received 6months probation and community service.wasbin 2009 but is showing on my background check as 2011??
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't know
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. Just to be clear, you were licensed by the State and hired for you job, with this previously known? I am just trying to get an idea of how this came up now and is at issue, if it was in 2011

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been licensed. By the state since 1995 but have not informed them yet.. that's my question

Thank you for the reply. Even if you were able to get it expunged, when working as a nurse and in your field, the State would still be able to see the charge, so it is not a situation where they would have never likely found out. However, in a situation like this, the goal is to show them that you have resolved this, been rehabilitated and this was an isolated incident and has been the only issue in regard to your record and conduct. Moreover, that it does not effect your ability to perform your duties and there has not been anything over the past 5 years, which would call into question your ability to be a law abiding citizen.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!