Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My husbandschedule mom bought 4 plots 2 for his mom aND dad

Customer Question

My husbandschedule mom bought 4 plots 2 for his mom aND dad and him and his wife.vmom and da are dead now my husband divorced his wife and now married me. How do we get extra wife off burial deed when she refuses, or we pay her $2000 for a $200 plot that neither of which bought
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: How much
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Just Google it when you pop up
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the ex wife is on the deed, this was supposed to be addressed during the marital property settlement in the divorce proceeding. If it was not addressed during the divorce proceeding and his ex refuses to cooperate, then your husband can take her back to court and reopen the property settlement and prove also that he made a reasonable offer and ask the court to award him not only the family burial plot but award him attorney's fees and costs for her refusing to negotiate in good faith to resolve it. However, court is the only way for him to clear her off the deed and because it is his family plot, she would not get possession of it and it will be up to the court to order her removal.