Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I went to the emergency room and had an encounter with an

Customer Question

hi I went to the emergency room and had an encounter with an Emergency room Dr. who called me all the nasty names on this planet including the B and N words. Told me as long as he lived he will make sure I will never drive again then called the cops on me , told them he could smell alcohol on my breath and had me arrested and charged with a dui and then wrote to the secretary of states office and stated I was both physically and mentally incompetent to drive which caused my license to be suspended immediately. can I sue the dr for malicious solicitation of my medical records ? please advice
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

The doctor has a right and a duty to limited disclose of your medical record information needed to protect the public's health and safety. If he was being dishonest in any of his disclosures, however, then you have a right to sue the doctor for defamation. You may also have a right to file a complaint against his medical license for his use of foul language.

I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but I am assuming that you are wanting a professional and honest answer.