LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I'm a Chiropractic Physician licensed in Michigan and

Customer Question

I'm a Chiropractic Physic***** *****censed in Michigan and Illinois. Can I start an LLC in Michigan and operate my business in Illinois or do I have to set-up LLC's for each state?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon Doctor,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

It is not necessary to form a new LLC for each state that you happen to have a practice in. You may simply register your original MI LLC in each state where you will be providing services to your patients. Registration is typically done through the state's Secretary of State Office. In IL you will need to register your Michigan LLC with the Secretary of State's Department of Business Services.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would this be the same process as registering a new business with Secretary of State in Illinois? To form anew business sin Illinois is $500, is this the same fee that would be paid to simply register my MI LLC?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Hi Doctor,

The cost or registering a foreign LLC in IL starts at $175.00, but could be higher based upon the LLC's paid-incapital and the proportion of property and business that will be located in Illinois. IL cannot tell you the exact fee until you have submitted the application.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug