Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience

My girlfriend and I were charged with manufacturing and

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I were charged with manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance in paris texas is there another state we can move to and stay that will not let texas extradite us back for incarsaration
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 2 months ago.

The United States Constitution provides for the extradition of fugitives, and applies to all 50 states, so there is no state where you would be safe from the possibility of extradition. Whether Texas would actually come pick you up in another state is a separate issue, but there is no way to know if they would or not. It is more likely when there is a felony charge. But even if they don't extradite you, the warrant will still be open and you can be arrested and held for at least 30 days, and up to 60 days, while they decide. The warrant will be open indefinitely, too, so it will follow you around for the rest of your life.