Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Is Match TV Plus App that is usually sold via Roku legal?

Customer Question

Expert:  LongTermTech replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please let me know, in what sense are you concerned about or suspicious of, the legality of selling that App via Roku?

Perhaps you are concerned that they (Roku) do not have a license to sell it?

Please let me know, by the Reply To Expert function, and I will do my best to get you the right information on this matter.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am concern about if the app has the right to resell the signal of a local broadcaster in Puerto Rico or the equivalent signal straight from the US network

That is an interesting question. I am considering the ramifications for a moment...

Puerto Rico is a United States Territory. I think that might make it legal, *but*, I am not sure. Because I am not a Legal Expert. I think this question should be referred to that category for consideration by a Legal Expert, so I have flagged this question for transfer to that category and have Opted Out of the case, opening it to a Legal Expert, who should take up the case by and by.

When a Legal Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

Thank you for your patience meanwhile.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
TV in Puerto Rico is regulated by the FCC yes.