Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I'm currently in middle of divorce and my soon to be ex wife

Customer Question

I'm currently in middle of divorce and my soon to be ex wife hacked into my Facebook account and is stealing pictures and private conversations between me and others and posting them to the public on snapchat. She is defaming my name and publicly embarassing and degrading me. Is there any legal action i can take against her for this?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: For divorce yes, but not for this matter as i have proof in 2 different pictures that she posted this on her snapchat
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She has been publicly talking to mutual friends in conversation telling them how she will take me for everything i got, also that her sister which works for ATT got into my phone bill to pull call logs off my bill and she is contacting numbers off that bill.
Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You can sue them for defamation and invasion of your privacy.She has made false statements to third parties here and you have been harmed.Your lawyer can sue her for damages including invasion of your privacy , legal fees and costs, etc.

I hope you will pursue this matter in the LA courts.