Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Someone signed a contract stating he would invest $500,000

Customer Question

Someone signed a contract stating he would invest $500,000 to me. Now (after we both signed), he is attempting to make me pay him $600 before he sends anything. Am I legally owed the investment? How do I go about doing this?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Good evening. Why is he making you pay him $600? Was this in the contract which you signed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is not included in the contract, no. After signing the contract, he told me to about a bank account at a specific bank, then when I tried, the bank tried to get me to pay them to open it. I told him and he said he wouldn't send anything until I paid them that amount.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I add the contract here for you as a file and you can tell me?

Thank you. Unless the contract required you to pay him the $600, you would not be obligated to. The contract required him to invest, as agreed. That is it. If he fails to do so, you could sue him for damages suffered. He can not force you to do something and if there was a fee to get the money, then it should fall on him to pay. You also should be careful about a bank asking you to pay $600 to get his money.