LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

A 67 year old man rented a room in my house recently. I saw

Customer Question

Hi, a 67 year old man rented a room in my house recently. I saw his mattress have some blood spots and he suffered from seizures and weakness. I asked him his family doctor's phone already. Can I ask his doctor about his suffering disease and try to make sure weather his other disease is transferable or not.
Thanks
Simon Young
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I think that as a landlord that is not a good idea for you to do. It would constitute Invasion of Privacy and what you would be asking the doctor to do would be to violate HIPAA laws---federal laws for which if he communicated with you about the patient with the patient's permission could cause the doctor to lose his license.

If you have concerns, those are beat directed to your tenant. You can ask the tenant for written authorization to speak with his doctor about his condition as well.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good evening,

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars located on your answer page---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug