Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

My boat was impounded for parking on the street in front of

Customer Question

my boat was impounded for parking on the street in front of my house. the tow company didn't secure the trailer correct and now my boat and trailer are I screwed?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 months ago.

This is Samuel. If you cannot transport the boat then see if you can get on site estimates. The towing company may tow the boat if in violation, but they must not be negligent in the process. And so if their negligence caused the damage, they are liable. Requesting 3 estimates is not out of the ordinary and is generally what is required for them to settle.

Expert:  Sam replied 2 months ago.

And if the boat is still there because they damaged the trailer and you cannot move it, then you want to be sure they agree to not charging you storage fees because you cannot have it removed from impound. And that until you get the estimates, they agree on the settlement to repair, you cannot have it removed.

Expert:  Sam replied 2 months ago.

So count your impound fees into any settlement you agree to.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, I just got off phone with owner, she is going to charge 45$/ day until it's moved starting today, so I need to find a lawyer now I suppose? What kind of lawyer would I get? And who should I see about boat damage appraisals?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. I suggest you can consider consulting with a local civil litigation attorney. And as to boat damage appraisals, the attorney should be able to help you with that. I suggest if you have a marina nearby, they can point you in the right direction.
You can use the Washington Bar Association for a legal referral service. Here is link to locate the Bar Association in your county for the legal referral service.

Expert:  Sam replied 2 months ago.

I looked at your attached images. I am sorry you are experiencing this matter.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much for the info!!!
Expert:  Sam replied 2 months ago.

You're welcome. I hope this is resolved quickly for you. Good luck.