Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I financed a clutch replacement job at meineke on a 1997

Customer Question

I financed a clutch replacement job at meineke on a 1997 jetta vw 2.0 litre i was told i have three months to pay it off for some promo but everytime i log in to the online account it states i have two applications open and no where to pay it off it went from 500$ to a now 198% interest rate now wanting 12 payments of 98.54 they have already taken 3 payments but when i go online it says i havent even signed the contract yet what do i do am i being robbed?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You need to file complaint with your Attorney General's Office and Better Business Bureau. This is an unfair and deceptive act and practice. You cannot be given three months to pay, but not given a place to pay it. 198% interest is outrageous and illegal.

You only owe for the three payments. If you have already made the payments, you do not owe anything else to the repair shop.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I kid you not i log back in again and it says "error there is no contract to display, as your contract has not been signed please contact the retailer for further instruction" if this is true why have they received payments? but i swear the mechanic shop said i was all good to go and everything was handled and that i didnt need to do anything but pay on time
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
which i have auto pay set up

Go to the mechanic shop and report your issues. If you have outstanding balance (not the one with 198% interest), take the check to the store and pay it there and make sure you are given a receipt. Sometime is quite wrong there.

Best wishes,