AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years law practice experience

Got a speeding ticket in Columbia country PA.. 51 in a 35

Customer Question

Got a speeding ticket in Columbia country PA.. 51 in a 35 zone. All information is on the ticket ,like the type of equipment(enradd) date tested and station tested, but the miles times and seconds timed boxeswere not filled out. Can this be used in court to help with me get out of this ticket. I have not had a ticket in 30 years.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience.

Just because the miles, times, and seconds timed were not filled out doesn't necessarily mean that the information was not documented. It is likely in the police report. You would need to get a copy of the police report and see how well it is documented. If it was poorly documented, you might be able to get out of the ticket, because the officer couldn't possibly remember that exact information, but again, it's likely in the police report, and his failure to write it in the box on the ticket doesn't really have any bearing on whether the law was broken, as long as he has documented the broken law elsewhere.