Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I got sentenced to 6 months in a federal prison recommended

Customer Question

I got sentenced to 6 months in a federal prison recommended pre release facility. Can I serve my whole 6 months in a pre release facility and could home confinement count as a pre release
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Actually, you could and would be expected to spend the whole sentence, since it is so short, in the pre release facility. Home confinement is a possibility instead of pre release facility, especially since space in pre release facilities is in short supply and if the defendant can pay for the costs of the home confinement monitoring.