Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Sorry to bother you today I have a few questions regarding

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** sorry to bother you today I have a few questions regarding the HIPAA law and patient representatives in doctor's office I will give you a brief description of my situation I am a quadriplegic with no movement from the shoulders down and I have been seeing a doctor at a pain clinic for approximately 3 months and he was placed on administrative leave due to some reason is not known to myself in another physician took his place and started overseeing my case at that particular time it would determine that she wanted me to take extra medication that I did not want to take I have the whole video on tape where she began to become frustrated with the fact I did not want to increase my medicine so she said since I didn't want to do it her way she decrease my medication I was taking 140 milligrams a day of Oxycodone for at least the last 5 to 6 months so I have built a tolerance and due to me not wanting to increase she said it's her way or no way and she started to decrease my medication in a regiment not illegal to do so being I talked to a couple of the doctors that I tried to get to take on my case but by my situation being so complex they wanted me to get the proper help that I needed he did provide me with 5 milligram tablets to make sure I didn't leave with just nothing to get me by until I can be seen by a hopefully a new doctor but to go from 140 milligrams to 15 milligrams a day it's torture I was shot 7 times while I was sleeping in 2012 by a mental health patient that left me paralyzed with all my feeling I guess what I'm trying to find out here today is how to properly go about filing a complaint as well as possibly a civil suit for the pain and suffering from my personal experience every facility I have went to have had a patient representative someone to protect the patients rights coincidentally this facility does not have a patient Representatives is that even legal aren't they supposed to have somebody in place to deal with conflicts of interest
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Have you talked to any doctor that has stated what they are doing is medical malpractice?