How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 672
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 16 year old son whom resides in a juvenille

Customer Question

Good evening...i have a 16 year old son whom resides in a juvenille ficility and a few days a go he was physically assulted by a supervisor in the dentention facility he is in...not only did he uses excesive force{kneed him in his head 2} but they failed to give him any medical treatment or inform me of the situation! appereantly he isnt the only teen who excesive force has been used against.. i can go more into details if needed but i would like to know if i have a case and the cost of representation
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience.

Any time an excessive level of force is used to assault or batter someone, you could file a civil case for those civil torts. Especially if your son was not doing anything that justified the assault. The cost depends on the attorney. You will just have to shop around and make phone calls, but I can't imagine an attorney taking this case for under $3,000 up front.