RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

If I reffered to someone as a c**tlapper in an email Can I

Customer Question

If I reffered to someone as a c**tlapper in an email Can I be sued for libel?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Highly doubtful that you could get sued. The person the email was about would have to prove some sort of damages. Damages generally have to be significant -like a job loss or loss of promotion, etc. You can't sue because of hurt feelings or because you don't like what was said.

Also, opinion statements are generally protected speech, and therefore a defense to libel.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Was there something I could clarify about my answer or some additional information you wanted?

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 3 months ago.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!