Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

A year ago I was charged with phone harassment by a woman

Customer Question

A year ago I was charged with phone harassment by a woman who was having an affair with my husband. I would like to sue for attorneys fees, lost wages and mental anquish. This woman lied to the police three times, I was never told about her claims by the police. Now I have a record for phone harassment, even though the charges were dropped.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can sue for "mental anguish"?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
attorneys fees of 1500.00. Are you licenced in NM? I live in Albuquerque NM.

I am licensed in Arizona.

And what is the basis of your suit? Did she lie about you to cause this mess?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I requested an attorney in NM, not sure why you were selected if you are in Arizona.
Yes, the woman lied to police to cause this mess.

I will opt out and perhaps someone else will assist you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

I am not sure that we have a NM attorney on staff. If we did, he/she should have picked this up by now. However, we typically answer questions in all 50 states on a regular basis. If you still need assistance with this, please let me know...