Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

2012 i signed a non litigated settlement agreement with a

Customer Question

2012 i signed a non litigated settlement agreement with a bank. 5000. Terms were 50 a month until 2012 tax refund and then use tax refund to pay off. I told my attorney I could not pay off with my 2012 refund so he called other attorney who agreed for me to continue to keep paying the 50 a month. I have done so as asked. Now im trying to pay off remaining and they are sending me a hearing notice stating I didnt do my part so why should they have to do theirs? Ive done everything I was asked to do? Are there any laws to protect me?
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Can you tell me the State that your question pertains to? Was your attorney able to get the other attorney to agree to this in writing? Will your attorney agree to sign an affidavit that the other attorney agreed? There are laws that protect you they are called contract laws.