Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I rescinded a contract with Vivint security. They later

Customer Question

i rescinded a contract with Vivint security. They later offered a modification/discount on the contract. This was done by phone. They now claim that , by their notes, i accepted the revised offer by phone. Is this an enforceable contract?
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Oral contracts can be enforceable but they would have had to have recorded the call and gone through a detailed script askinf for your authorization a number of times.

If you continue having problems with them you can file a complaint with the MAryland Attorney General Office of Consumer Protection and acomplaint with the FTC.

Here are the links to file these complaints:

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.