Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have video tape of my grandson who is autistic at Chucky

Customer Question

I have video tape of my grandson who is autistic at Chucky Cheese we were celebrating his birthday. Chucky came out my grandson looked amazed and he reached to touch his nose. Chucky swiftly hit hit arm away, my grandson grabbed his arm.. backed up, looked around and seemed stunned, confused as everybody laughed at him... all while holding his arm.
Can I file assault charges and sue Chucky Cheese as this has been a traumatic and humiliating experience for my grandson as well as me for seeing something like this. I was video taping it hoping my grandson had a joyable experience and I was devasted, shocked as to what I saw.
I called today to speak to manager.. he seem to dismiss the issue and said they teach Chucky (person behind costume) to protect themselves.. because they get mauled by kids all the time. I told him he slapped my grandson.. it wasn't a nudge or hand gester to stop he slapped his arm. He wasn't going to do anything.. until I pressed him and told him I was going to look into pressing assault charges and possibly suing. Then he showed interest. Don, (Manager) said he would tell the general manager.. and they would review the tape. He finally asked me my name and phone number.
Can you help me?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?