Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Well I just found out last week that someone had file a hit

Customer Question

well I just found out last week that someone had file a hit and run against my vehicle. According to the report, the other driver stated that he was hit in the rear and the supposed driver of the other vehicle took off. This was in 8/8/2014. I was able to talk to the detective today and he stated that the case been closed and the only thing he can do for me was to take down my statement that I was not involved etc etc. The issue is this false accident report that I had never had with this vehicle was reported to the Auto check vehicle history report agencies like carfax, etc etc and so on. The detective claims that he sent a mail to the owners drive but no response. I told the detective, well yes, because I did not get any mail.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Columbus, Ohio, 2012 Nissan Rogue
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet, I just found out this information .
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not that I know off of*
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question about this issue? Were you issued a citation or arrested or did they tell you they were getting a warrant? The police do not report to carfax or similar companies, there has to be proof of damage or repair for those reports, so is this appearing on those reports?