Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Reviewing cases re: small businesses being contacted by

Customer Question

Hi - reviewing cases re: small businesses being contacted by DirecTV because our restaurant has been contacted by a New York law firm. Wondering what kind of attorney to contact to help us with the matter
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Are we your first resource? And has anything been filed in court?
Customer: Memphis, Tennessee
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not familiar with this site. Is there a charge for having a question answered ?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I see. The attorney will let me know how much "the rest" is ?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post s Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

Could you explain a little more?

What is the issue about?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Letter dated 8/3/26 from Lonstein Law Office charges "unauthorized exhibition of DIRECTV Programming" & includes a pic of TV screen showing DirectTV programming with an audit date of 7/16/16. States we are in violation of our contract & state & federal law. That this is an unauthorized commercial use of DIRECTV at our business. They request we contact them to discuss the matter. Also received an email today, 8/9/16 urging we call or have our attorney call. Haven't seen a contract. Service was initiated by former partner, paid for by him for which he was reimbursed monthly. Believe the contract is in his name and not the business name. No doubt the service is DIRECTV, that our business is a commercial establishment. Need advice before contacting Lonstein's representative
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sending email received today in.

Thank you for the information.

You should not contact the law office directly. You need to have an Attorney who handles telecommunication issues to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.