Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

I gave my cosmetic laser to a laser consignment business to

Customer Question

i gave my cosmetic laser to a laser consignment business to hold and sell for me, about 1.5 years ago. i called to ask about it because i had a buyer. they called back and told me they accidentally sold it several months ago without asking me first. they say they are going to get me a check, but it has been 3 weeks and i have not received it. what is the law about these issues?
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Did you have a written agreement with the consignment business? What did it provide as far as notices and time of payment?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
written agreement. No agreed sales price. Just they would call me before selling to make sure sales price was ok with me.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

The consignment seller has breached the agreement and you could sue them for breach. You would need to show that you were damaged by their failure to get approval. The damages would be if the unit sold for less than you would have required and been able to get.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Are you online with me?