LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I am renting in a over 55 apartment in ruskin fl and on july

Customer Question

I am renting in a over 55 apartment in ruskin fl and on july 13 feel in the parking lot walking to my car I fell over the concret car curb and brook my nose would like to know if I can have owners insuance pay for my medical expenses
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you went through and hope that you are recovering. Can you share with me how this happened? I understand that you were walking to your car but I am just trying to find out about how this happened? For example, was the curb broken or not marked?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no markings on any curbing and has about 150 and more parking spaces about 10 to 15 hancycap spaces

Thank you for the additional information. Yes, it is possible that if the property owner was negligent and failed to maintain and/or care for the property, that they could be liable and you could sue them, not only for your medical expenses but any other damages suffered. Typically, in a situation like this, you want to speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. You also want to take photos of the curb and where you fell, to preserve any evidence and the area where this happened, in case they try and correct it. The complex may have had an obligation to paint the curb and alert tenants of it, to avoid this very situation and if they did not, they could be liable. In addition, it needs to be known and determined if the curb was the proper height and in compliance with regulations.

Did you have a follow up question? There was an issue with payment for the call request but I am happy to answer any additional questions your may have

The other question mentioned you were not able to read my response. Are you able to see it above?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please this happened on jul;y 13

It appears your follow up was cut off