Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My adult son 36 yrs old had to get sr22 for his auto

Customer Question

my adult son 36 yrs old had to get sr22 for his auto insurance. he lives with my wife and i at this time and we have our own auto insurance and vehicles which he does not drive.his auto insurance company asked for our personal information, drivers lic #s to tie us to his ins in case he has accident which his ins won,t cover. i don,t think this is right and stated to them he doesn,t drive our vehicles. are they right to do this ?
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Did the insurance company specifically state that they asked this information just to be able to "tie you into" any accident? Because that is not really possible. Or did they just ask for this information without explaining why they are asking for it?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.