Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I am representing myself in a theft 3 case in oregon. I was

Customer Question

I am representing myself in a theft 3 case in oregon. I was acused by a walmart super center of shoplifting a novelty tool. When i was preparing for trial hand local sheriff's department serve Walmart 2 subpoenas. I was told by the court that the subpoena's were purged. Dose this mean i won? Is this going to lead to another court case. If so will i need to be involved in the proceedings. Do I need to hire a lawyer for this? This one is out of my league.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 months ago.

This is Samuel. If there is a purge, it means you agree to pay a certain amount in a fine to avoid trial. And so no, it appears it does not mean you've won. I suggest you call the clerk of the court and see what that fine is.