Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am a mother of a missing adult. I attended the Missing in

Customer Question

I am a mother of a missing young adult. I attended the Missing in Colorado convention on August 6, 2016, held in Denver, Colorado. My son's case is being held and convuluted by a Chief of Police in the Town of Parachute. At this convention, the CBI representative brought my attention to a Colorado Statute that I would like to reference to my letter to the Director of CBI, requesting they intervene into my son's case, taking the case out of the hands of local authorities. What is this Statute?
furthermore, I am feed up. I have evidence, as well as witnesses, for a law suit, If anyone would be interested in this Case. It is a big one and we do need help.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What statute were you given, since CBI has authority to step in and assist in any investigation in the state?
Legally state law forbids any expert on this site from representing anyone from this site, I sincerely ***** ***** any confusion on that. We can assist providing information, but cannot represent anyone on these matters and I am truly sorry.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Can you or can you not provide me with the appropriate Statute>? CBI must be invited in to a case that a municipal Chief of Police is controlling. Parachute, Colorado. Currently, there is no investigator assigned to this case. for 4 1/2 years now. okay. I need the Statute to Quote in my letter of request since the local authorities have not "invited" CBI into the Case. Period. I am paying $36.00 for the reference to this Revised Statute! Thank you.

Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry for angering you. C.R.S. Section 24-33.5-401 states that CBI would require a memorandum of understanding with local law enforcement to assist in any local investigation. However, if you can show some shred of evidence that this may have happened out of Parachute into some other county, then CBI can take jurisdiction as it being a multi jurisdictional issue. But the discretion to intervene is solely still up to CBI unless the local agency has a memorandum of understanding according to the CRS.