Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am an EMT, and a little while back an employee for the

Customer Question

I am an EMT, and a little while back an employee for the water park i work for had a medical emergency I was the first one on scene and the first to assist the patient. I conducted a primary assessment on the patient and 911 was called. The fire captain that arrived who was also a paramedic told everyone to exist the first aid room where we brought the patient including myself while the patient was evaluated and I was told I'd be updated. Once they were finished and I was allowed back in the room I asked for a second set of vitals since that is what I needed to complete my patient care report on that patient. The fire captain denied giving me this information claiming that HIPAA wouldn't allow it. My question is, was he right or could he have given me this information so that I could have completed this patients PCR?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I want to make sure I understand...the Fire Captain who "took charge" of the scene (and removed you from the scene) was the same license as you? Or a higher license?