LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

How before a FLorida sales tax warrant expires, Florida, The

Customer Question

How long before a FLorida sales tax warrant expires
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: The warrant was issued in 1990
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: At this point, just the question that I asked.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. The tax collector must continue collection efforts for delinquent taxes until such taxes are paid in full. The tax warrant expires after seven years. 197.416 Continuing duty of the tax collector to collect delinquent tax warrants; limitation of actions.—It is the duty of the tax collector issuing a tax warrant for the collection of delinquent tangible personal property taxes to continue his or her efforts to collect such taxes for 7 years after the date of the ratification of the warrant. After the expiration of 7 years, the warrant is barred by this statute of limitation. A tax collector or his or her successor is not relieved of accountability for collection of any taxes assessed on tangible personal property until he or she has completely performed every duty devolving upon the tax collector as required by law.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please let me know