Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My finance was diapproved for ki visa in guyana she was

Customer Question

My finance was diapproved for ki visa in guyana she was appeoved by uscis. She confused the datees with former boyfriend. We now married and planning to file for her. Would this affect her.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. This should not affect her, provided that she explains that she made a mistake in the dates and she understands how USCIS would deny the visa since it has to be satisfied that the marriage plans were bona fide and the date confusion hurts that. But now that you are married, USCIS is more likely to approve the petition.

She simply has to be open with what happened. Provided that USCIS believes that the marriage is bona fide, she should receive the visa.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!