Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am being denied Continuous Service status by my Retirement

Customer Question

I am being denied Continuous Service status by my Retirement Association as a result of a brief period of absence from work as a result of a dismissal of 10 month; as reinstated to full service. How do I proceed in Court?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please, can you tell me a little more about what has happened? Denied how and for what exactly? What was the dismissal for, etc?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was dismissed for an alleged failure to act while on duty.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
I need a little more information. Were you an employee for the Association? And when you say dismissed, do you mean terminated? Finally, what kind of continuous service is being denied?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was not an employee of the associatin; I was terminated
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The continuous service is the number of years I worked for Retirement purposes.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hmm. Please answer everything - you have omitted: "what kind of continuous service is being denied?"

Also if you were not an employee, then what do you mean you were terminated?