Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

Is the legal age to text nude pictures 16

Customer Question

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The legal age for texting nude pictures is 18. It's a felony to possess nude pictures of a 16-year-old, even if they sent them unsolicited, or to request them. Kan. Stat., Section 21-3516. There have also been cases of 16-year-olds who sent nude pictures being charged with distribution of child pornography. Technology moves a lot faster than our legal system. Teenagers who send and receive nude pictures of each other could find themselves facing very serious charges.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Did you have any other questions about this?