Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I LIVE &OWN MY HOME,A SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING IN TORRORANCE

Customer Question

I LIVE &OWN MY HOME,A SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING IN TORRORANCE CALIF 90502.THE NEIGHBOR NEXT DOOR TO ME AND ALSO THE NEIGHBOR ACROSS THE STREET RENT OUT THERE BEDROOMS TO PEOPLE AND THE COUNT ON AUTOMOBILES BETWEEN THE TWO HOUSES IS ABOUT TWELVE,&THEY DON'T MIND TAKING UP MY CURB SIDE PARKING.I HAVE APPROACHED THEM BUT HAVE HEARD JUST FOUR LETTER WORDS FROM THEM.I HAVE ALSO CALLED THE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT.THEY CLUED ME IN THAT CURB PARKING IS PUBLIC PARKING UNLESS IT EXCEEDS 72 HOURS.
I JUST THINK IT IS SO RUDE OF RENTERS TO DO THIS ON A DAILY BASIS. MY QUESTION IS--CAN I INTENTIONALLY WATER MY BOULEVARD AND GET THERE VEHICLES WET AT THE SAME TIME WITHOUT ANY LEGAL PROBLEMS
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you talking about a situation where you are using sprinklers to water the lawn and their cars just happen to get wet due to where they are parked?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I HAVE NO SPRINKLERS ON THE BLVD.JUST ON MY FRONT YARD. THE BLVD. WILL BE WATERED WITH A HOSE AND A SPRINKLER. I DON'T USUALLY WATER THE BLVD BECAUSE OF THE WATER SHORTAGE BUT AM THINKING MAYBE THIS WILL STOP THEM FROM PARKING IN FRONT OF MY HOME.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
THIS SPRINKLER TYPE IS NOT THE TYPE YOU HOLD STANDING UP AND DISTRIBUTING WATER BUT THE TYPE YOU LAY ON THE GROUND FOR AWHILE AND THEN RETURN IN AWHILE AND RE LOCATE IT.

If you set up a sprinkler to water the yard and it happens to get a car parked out front wet, as long as it doesn't cause any damage, (i.e. there is a convertible parked there or a car with windows down) then there is nothing that would prevent you from doing so.

.

.

thanks