Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

In October of 2014 I invested $6800.00 in a company called

Customer Question

In October of 2014 I invested $6800.00 in a company called Well-Core. I was able to purchase 20,000 shares of the company. The person selling me the shares was the owner/president and stated that they were purchasing a shell to go public with the company. I have texted him and emailed him several times. At first he was stating that the money was in a bank in Germany and that the funds needed to be transferred. I have continued to try and contact him via email and text with no answer or updates. Could I file a lawsuit against him or what action would you recommend to try and get some of my money back.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If you are getting runaround, you need to file lawsuit against this person for the return of the money paid. It appears that you may have been scammed.

You need to file your lawsuit at your local Justice of Peace Courts. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or online at the Court's website.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.