Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am looking to file a reply for OCGA 15-19-14, My attorney

Customer Question

Hi There
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I am looking to file a reply for OCGA 15-19-14, My attorney is misusing it
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: They were not familiar with this
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: What u mean
JA: I hope not.
Customer: Are you a person or computer
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Are you familiar with this area
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Oh ok
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

You have a question regarding attorney liens?

Did you want to file a State Bar complaint against the attorney?

"ARTICLE 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
§ 15-19-14 - Liens for services rendered; priority; modes of enforcement; other rightsO.C.G.A. 15-19-14 (2010)
15-19-14. Liens for services rendered; priority; modes of enforcement; other rights

(a) Attorneys at law shall have a lien on all papers and money of their clients in their possession for services rendered to them. They may retain the papers until the claims are satisfied and may apply the money to the satisfaction of the claims.

(b) Upon actions, judgments, and decrees for money, attorneys at law shall have a lien superior to all liens except tax liens; and no person shall be at liberty to satisfy such an action, judgment, or decree until the lien or claim of the attorney for his fees is fully satisfied. Attorneys at law shall have the same right and power over the actions, judgments, and decrees to enforce their liens as their clients had or may have for the amount due thereon to them.

(c) Upon all actions for the recovery of real or personal property and upon all judgments or decrees for the recovery of the same, attorneys at law shall have a lien for their fees on the property recovered superior to all liens except liens for taxes, which may be enforced by mortgage and foreclosure by the attorneys at law or their lawful representatives as liens on personal property and real estate are enforced. The property recovered shall remain subject to the liens unless transferred to bona fide purchasers without notice.

(d) If an attorney at law files his assertion claiming a lien on property recovered in an action instituted by him, within 30 days after a recovery of the same, his lien shall bind all persons.

(e) The same liens and modes of enforcement thereof which are allowed to attorneys at law who are employed to bring an action for any property, upon the property recovered, shall be equally allowed to attorneys at law employed and serving in defense against such actions in case the defense is successful.

(f) This Code section shall not affect the rights of attorneys under Code Section 15-19-13 and decisions of the Supreme Court and Court of Appeals thereon."

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-15/chapter-19/article-1/15-19-14

How may I be of assistance?

Can you tell me your question?