Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Recently the mother of my 3 children ages 13-11-10 left our

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. Recently the mother of my 3 children ages 13-11-10 left our apartment and left my kids with me to move in with another guy whom she was seeing while living with us. My question is what happens next since she abandon our kids and our apt..Thanks!
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: The city of Long Beach California.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, in reality thats it other than my kids dont want to be around this other guy!
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you married? If not, is there a custody order?

Follow up...getting late for me here...if you are looking for an answer tonight would help if you can answer the question. Otherwise we can continue the dialog tomorrow.