LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Under pa law if you sign a marital separation agreement,

Customer Question

Hi, under pa law if you sign a marital separation agreement, that includes real estate, and vehicles is there a 72 hour rescinding period.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: PA. The car is a 2014, and the home is included in the agreement. So, it's essentially like a mortgage I am signing a way.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, that's why I am aking you
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. Just to be clear, you want to know if there is a 3 day right to rescind/cooling off period, when signing a martial settlement agreement?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did so under distress, and not thinking clearly, and now I regret it

Thank you. Unless there is a time frame or clause in the MSA which would allow either party to back out and rescind the agreement, there is no 72 hour period where you can just back out. However, if you were under duress, there could be a basis to challenge and contest it and you would need to show that you did not enter this agreement freely and voluntarily. If you can show that then the Judge has the ability to vacate the MSA and it would not be binding.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.