Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I having difficulty to file my unemployment benefits because

Customer Question

I having difficulty to file my unemployment benefits because file out state of Virginia .I file from California and the state of Virginia, sent me letter with wrong zip code, the address is fine it got to me but when I try to reply it won't continue because it's stuck at the zip code .my address is*****city of Moreno Valley Ca,92557 and they zip code CA 92494.So if you kindly help me with this situation will be great,I suppose to call to day with two jobs interview but because of 3 hrs different time
they close all ready I seppose to start my weekly benefits today by the way my name is***** address is already stated up there my claim as seamen at Maersk Limited that Head Office in Virginia so that's why I am needing your help for this situation
Sincerely yours Robert Pesulima
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is an interstate benefits claim. You need to file with the interstate benefits office and that is who you need to actually call. Once you call the benefits office in VA they can update their computer system with the proper zip code to allow you to file your claims. However, we cannot change their system for you, it is something only the VA interstate unemployment claims office can do and as such you have to contact them directly and you need to make sure you account for that 3 hour time difference and wake up early to start calling them because as the day goes on they get busier.