Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Probate law. When my brother died no will. A year ago

Customer Question

Probate law. When my brother died no will. A year ago MINERAL rights were leased. Now there's money. How do I find out what to do to challenge the will?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The MINERAL rights have been in my family for 150 years. It's to stay the the bloodline
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You mention challenging the will...but you also state there is no will?

Has someone opened probate?

If so what is the status of probate (is it still open or has it closed)?