LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I have a judgement i would like to appeal in eagle county,

Customer Question

I have a judgement i would like to appeal in eagle county
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: colo
JA: Are we your first resource? And has anything been filed in court?
Customer: I have a judgment from 2007 from GMAC that i just was contacted about.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. Just to be clear, a judgment was entered against you back in 2007 and you just found out about it? If so, how did that happen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I thought it went away after 7 years and am looking for some one to help me with this.

Please contact customer service to correct the payment issue. An expert was trying to contact you but when the payment failed, they were not able to

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like to retain an Attorney to help me through this.

Our site does not offer legal representation but I can answer any questions which you may have. Do you know if they renewed this judgment at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dec of 2015 The amount that gmac said I owed one month prior is $5000.00 more in the Judgment.

Thank you. It is very possible that the amount was without an attorney fees and other costs incurred, to collect on the judgment. For a judgment that was entered back in 2007, it would be to late to appeal. However, a motion to vacate the judgment could be filed, if you could show good cause, as to why you never responded to the lawsuit and how you first discovered this now.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have an itemized statement from GMAC with all the fees dated June 29 2007 for 5057.96
on July 16 2007 Judgment was for 10,283.05.

You need to look at the final judgment, which should break down the fees. It seems high but there could be that much extra in legal fees and other costs associated with the lawsuit

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!